Preventative Dental Care in Ipswich MA
Routine Dental Appointments
Regular, preventative dental care is essential to your overall heath. During a dental cleaning appointment at our office, you’ll receive diagnostic and preventative services from your dental hygienist and dentist, as well as any needed educational information.
Routine Dental Exams & Checkups in Ipswich
Diagnostic services may include:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including information about heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, which may have an impact on your oral health
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- Digital radiographs (x-rays) or examination of teeth to detect decay
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment
Professional Dental Cleanings & Preventative Care in Ipswich
Preventative services may include:
- Removal of plaque and tartar
- Stain removal
- Fluoride application
- Polishing teeth, including fillings and crowns
- Cleaning and adjustment of dentures and partial dentures
Children’s Dentistry in Ipswich
Your Child’s First Visit to the Dentist
The first “regular” dental visit should be just after your child’s first birthday. The first dental visit is usually short and involves very little treatment. We may ask you to sit in the dental chair and hold your child during the examination. You may also be asked to wait in the reception area during part of the visit so that a relationship can be built between your child and your dentist.
We will gently examine your child’s teeth and gums. X-rays may be taken (to reveal decay and check on the progress of your child’s permanent teeth under the gums). We may clean your child’s teeth and apply topical fluoride to help protect the teeth against decay. We will make sure your child is receiving adequate fluoride at home. Most important of all, we will review with you how to clean and care for your child’s teeth.